Global Spotlight: Capitalizing on Vietnam’s digital opportunity
This week the AdSense Global Spotlight shifts its focus to Vietnam, home to nearly 90 million people and one of southeast Asia’s fastest-growing economies. The country offers an unmissable opportunity for AdSense publishers interested in global audience growth.
With all that in mind, there are seven key opportunities not to be missed in Vietnam this year:
- Fast mobile experiences: The most successful publishers in the region are devoting development resources to boost load speeds of mobile sites and ads and to improve the user’s experience. Recent research from DoubleClick indicates that over 50% of mobile site visits are abandoned if pages take longer than 3 seconds to load. Invest in increasing your mobile page speed to influence increases in time on site, engagement, and re-engagement.
- Native advertising: These ads fit into the look and feel of your website, making it a better and more effective ad experience for your visitors. Native formats include custom sponsored content, content recommendations, and in-feed ad units.
- Programmatic ad transactions: Programmatic advertising uses software and algorithms to match publishers’ inventory with buyers in search of ad space. An auction system ensures the ad of the buyer with the highest bid fills each space, which can add up to revenue gains for you and your site. Consider beginning with this short quiz to help you decide if the correct next step for your business is programmatic advertising.
- Better ad experiences: Because marketers want to buy ads with a high chance of actually being seen by users, there’s a shift towards valuing viewable impressions over served impressions. Page level ads is an AdSense family of ads that you can use that is optimized to show when ads are likely to perform well and be seen.
- Digital ad serving: As you grow as a publisher, you might find you need more control to sell, schedule, deliver and measure advertising deals across multiple digital properties. DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) Small Business is an industry-leading platform to consider given its easy to use interface and built-in yield management technology
- Video: According to Buffer, visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. Furthermore, YouTube recently announced that over one billion hours of video content is watched on YouTube every day. If you don’t already create, embed, and monetize original video content on your site, now’s the time to incorporate video into your content strategy.
- Messaging: Throughout Asia, the commercialization of social media has helped messaging platforms to evolve into central areas of ecommerce. For AdSense publishers, messaging platforms could provide an opportunity to drive mobile users to your content as a channel for content discovery.
Remember, there are 68 million native Vietnamese speakers in the world today who are going online in growing numbers. If you’re a publisher in Vietnam, signing up for AdSense is an easy way to turn your in-demand content into profit. And for publishers already using AdSense, Vietnam presents an exceptional opportunity to grow your site visitors.
To explore the possibilities for your business and site, don’t miss our live stream on 24th March where we’ll share even more recommendations for the Vietnamese market. You can sign up for AdSense here, and start turning your #PassionIntoProfit today.
1 eMarketer Worldwide Ad Spend Report 2016
2 eMarketer Vietnam Online 2016 Report