A beginners guide to implementing AdMob rewarded ads
Before you get started, make sure your SDKs are updated (Android v9.0 or higher and iOS v7.9.1 or higher), then…
- Sign in to your AdMob account
- Create a new AdMob rewarded interstitial ad unit
- Configure your ad unit settings (this is where you can tinker with the reward amount, the reward itself, and set an ad frequency cap to ensure your users don’t see the same ad too many times).
- Implement the rewarded interstitial ad unit and ad unit ID where the ad will be shown in the app. Take a look at our Android implementation guide and iOS implementation guide for help.
- Optionally integrate the SDKs of third-party demand sources
That’s it! Once your ads are fully integrated, we recommend experimenting with Firebase Analytics to analyse the effectiveness of your rewarded ads. Experimentation and understanding what resonates with your high value users is key to the success with rewarded. With Firebase, A/B testing is simple and can ensure you are getting the most out of your exchange with the user: optimizing reward value, frequency of ads, and ad placement in app all contribute to a successful reward strategy.